How To Do A Relationship Audit for Your Mental Health
"We are the average of the 5 people we spend the most time with." Famously stated by Jim Rohn.
Have you done your Relationships Audit?
Here is a framework to assess how the people with whom you surround yourself affects your behaviour.
✅Make a list of as many people as you can think of in your network of friends, family and colleagues.
✅Consider which categories they fall into:
1. Supporter – who is there by your side, and boosts your confidence
2. Vampire – someone who seems to suck your energy and life out of you.
3. Role Model – a person whom you look up to and respect
4. Consultant – someone who has the information that can help you achieve your goals.
5. TILIS friend – a friend who “Tells It Like It Is” without holding back.
6. Enemy – a person who undermines your efforts and actively does not want you to succeed.
✅Consider whether you want to keep each of these people in your life.
✅Seek out people who value you for who you are and not what you do and then spend more time with those people.
✅Seek out people who inspire you and book a lunch with them.
Who you are with can elevate you as much as it can bring you down.